Friday, February 25, 2011

Earth's Layers

Hello All!
I'm back with a fun project.

My student's have been learning about Earth and it's 3-4 layers (Some books split the core into 2 layers). They are so excited to learn about our beautiful; planet. After reading about all the different layers and what they are made up of i gave my students' a project to do. They had to create the layers of earth.

Through this website, I was able to find a great template and instructions that the kids could follow. This is also a great way to teach students how to follow directions. Here is the template: http://superteacherworksheets.com/rocks-earth/inner-planet-book.pdf

I made a model first so that the students can see the end result. Here is the how the project looks like when it is complete:




Pretty Cute huh? Hope it's helpful to you all! Parent's this can be a fun activity to do with your children at home! 

2 comments:

  1. I really like this hands-on Earth Layers Project. I'm trying it with my fourth-graders today. I'm a science teacher in Brooklyn, NY and am now following your blog. If you want to follow mine, it's www.sciencewithmsseitz.blogspot.com

    Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just saw your post! I've had such a busy summer that I have not had a chance to blog. Hope you enjoy the activity with your students. My second graders loved it!

    ReplyDelete